Welcome to PCPC City Missions
A note from Trey Hill, Senior Director of PCPC City Missions:
Urban Missions is receiving a facelift and a new name. Urban Missions is now City Missions.
There are many reasons for this change, but here are a few highlights:
- The definition of the term “urban” often varies from person to person.
- We want to focus less on a specific area of the city and more on the fact that we are God’s chosen ambassadors no matter where we are in Dallas.
- Cities are interconnected, and we must be mindful of this fact when thinking about ministry to the city of Dallas. What happens in North Dallas affects all other areas of the city.
- We want to help PCPC dream about new ways to “love your neighbor as yourself.”
- We want to create new partnerships with ministries that exist outside typical “urban” contexts.
Proverbs 11:10 says, “When the righteous flourish, the city rejoices.” Here is what Dr. Amy Sherman says about this text:
What makes the verse sensible is that the group that is prospering is “the righteous.” The Hebrew word there is tsaddiqim. The tsaddiqim, the righteous, are defined as those who are so in love with God and His Kingdom that they steward everything they have been given—their assets, their social position, their vocational skills, their power, their gifts, their prosperity—not for self-enrichment, not for the purpose of self-aggrandizement, but for the common good. They steward all the dimensions of their prosperity for the purposes of shalom, for the purposes of advancing God’s justice and goodness.
We want the city to rejoice at PCPC’s presence. We want our prosperity to overflow in such a generous way that others experience God’s goodness. Through our generosity we want our city not to notice us, but to notice our good and gracious God.
Lastly, please reach out to the City Missions team (see staff listing to the left). We want to equip PCPC members for the work of ministry in Dallas!
Stay updated on upcoming events on our PCPC Urban Missions Facebook Page.
For more information regarding ongoing ministry partner opportunities, contact email@example.com.