WHAT IS CORE TEAM:
CORE Team is a CORE group of students who meet monthly who are seeking a relationship with God and have a desire to serve their fellow students in the context of Park Cities Presbyterian Church, and who also possess a desire to live out their faith as a high school student.
CORE Team Purpose:
To provide a place for student members of Park Cities Presbyterian Church to live into their identity as worshipers of and ambassadors for Christ so they might live out their faith as they seek to extend the transforming presence of the kingdom of their Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the World
CORE Team Priorities:
- To Worship the Lord on Sundays
- To Grow in a small group during the week
- To Serve their fellow students in the youth group and their neighbors and friends where God has them (home, neighborhood, school, teams) by participating in Sunday fellowship (announcements, games, songs, slides, sound, set up etc), planning events (Gathering, Socials, Summer Events), and service projects (ACT, Snacks of Blessing, Bonton, etc)
- To Go and live on mission in Dallas (service projects) and the World (Mission Trip)
CORE Team Pursuits:
- Jesus Christ—live in daily pursuit of a deep relationship with God’s Son, Jesus Christ, by the power of His Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:2)
- God’s Word—live in daily dependence upon God’s Word for wisdom, direction, and calling (2 Tim. 3:16; Psalm 119; Hebrews 4:12)
- Prayer—live in daily dialogue with God the Father in prayer (Matthew 6:5-13; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- Holiness—live in daily commitment to chase after holiness (as God is holy) in thought, word and deed with your fellow students and leaders at PCPC (2 Timothy 2:22)
If you (or your student if you are a parent) are interested in being a part of CORE Team, click the button to fill out this application and one of high school ministry staff members will reach out to you.